I work with physicians at all stages of their lives and careers, from medical students to retired doctors. The services I provide, listed below, are dependent upon individual career and life circumstances.
- Help Practicing Physicians, medical students, interns, residents, and fellows assess or reassess their career decisions, career direction, conflicts with peers and/or faculty, manage the stress of training, and how to prepare themselves for job searches, interviews, and job offers.
- Create and implement a plan for a change in a doctor’s work environment.
- Create and implement a plan for a new non-clinical career.
- Evaluate and implement a plan to deal with work place issues including age, gender, and performance discrimination.
- Evaluate and implement a plan to improve a client’s work-life balance.
- Evaluate and provide a plan, tools, maps, and support to improve a client’s management of work-related stress and burnout.
- Evaluate and implement a plan to improve a client’s allocation of his/her vital resources: time and money.
- Develop and implement a plan for an engaging and meaningful “protirement”.
- Assess and improve the effectiveness and performance of physician executives.
- Work in partnership with medical staff executive committees and physician groups to improve the performance of physicians whose behavior in the workplace has been judged “disruptive”.
- Facilitate the re-entry into practice and everyday life of physicians in Recovery from substance abuse disorders and other addictions.
- Mentor academic physicians as they progress towards promotion or consider identifying and transitioning to new academic institutions.