Peter S. Moskowitz, M.D.
Founder and Director
Center for Professional & Personal Renewal
Established in 1998, The Center for Professional and Personal Renewal in Palo Alto, California provides career transition coaching and life coaching for physicians nationwide during these times of unprecedented change in American healthcare.
Founder, Peter Moskowitz, M.D., a certified career transition and life coach, has spent nearly two decades helping hundreds of doctors manage change, transition to new non-clinical careers, revise existing clinical careers, manage the stresses and challenges of clinical practice, avoid or manage professional burnout, improve their work-life balance, their leadership effectiveness, plan for “protirement,” and regain satisfaction and meaning in the practice of medicine.
He is a nationally-recognized keynote speaker, workshop facilitator and author.In addition to individual career coaching, Dr. Moskowitz offers workshops, retreats, and keynote presentations for physician and hospital organizations on a variety of relevant topics. Presentation and workshop topics include physician renewal, finding the perfect job, planning for non-clinical career transitions, building career resilience, improving work/life balance, renewing academic careers in medicine, managing practice and litigation stress, maximizing physician’s leadership effectiveness, enriching the medical marriage, and pro-active planning for a passionate retirement. His coaching and workshops are known for their pragmatic approach and ability to reenergize participants.
He is co-author of the book, “Medical Practice Divorce”, a primer devoted to the topic of medical practice transitions, published in October 2001 by the American Medical Association Press. He writes, conducts research, and publishes on a variety of topics impacting physician careers and career satisfaction and is frequently interviewed for articles about the changing milieu of medicine.
Dr. Moskowitz brings to his coaching work over 4 decades of experience in both the academic and private sectors of American medicine. He is currently Clinical Professor of Radiology, Emeritus at Stanford University School of Medicine and at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford.
His many years of experience in both private and academic medicine is unusual, and is one of the keys to his reputation for success as a career and life coach. He is known as an invaluable resource to doctors seeking new career transitions, renewal of existing careers, to recapture the joy of medical practice, and a seasoned mentor to guide their recovery from practice stress and burnout.
Dr. Moskowitz trained at and was certified in professional and organizational coaching by the Hudson Institute of Santa Barbara. He is a member of the American Counseling Association, The Professional Coaches and Mentors Association, and the New Edges Learning Community.
Corporate Clients Include (partial Listing)
- AMA International Conference on Physician Health
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Association of Physician Specialists
- The Association of Women Surgeons
- Society for Pediatric Radiology
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Group
- The Sacramento-El Dorado Medical Society
- Catholic Healthcare West
- California Emergency Physicians Medical Group
- The American Academy of Emergency Medicine
- Stanford University School of Medicine – Center for Psychiatry and the Law
- The Los Angeles County Medical Society
- University of California San Diego School of Medicine
- California Medical Association Leadership Academy
- The American Association of Physician Surgeons
- Sonoma County Medical Society
- The Foundation for Medical Excellence
- The Radiological Society of North America
- SEAK, INC.
- Society of Chairs of Radiology in Childrens Hospitals